What you need to include, and types of books
- Components of a book reference
- Sample - Print Book
- Sample - E-book
- Punctuation and format of a reference
|Editor(s) / Translator(s)|
|Format / Platform|
(Thomson, Cate and Chapin 2005: 42)
Thomson, Richard, Phillip Dennis Cate, and Mary Weavin Chapin. 2005. Toulouse-Lautrec and Montmartre, (Washington DC: National Gallery of Art in association with Princeton University Press)
Shack, William A. 2001. Harlem in Montmartre: a Paris jazz story between the wars, (Berkeley: University of California) University Press Scholarship Online.
- Authors Surnames are given
- For multiple authors follow the advice the Author Rules tab
- Provide the year of publication, and the page number if referring to a particular page or section.
- The first author / editor name is given as Surname, First name.
- Second and subsequent author / editor names are given in the format of First Name Surname
- For multiple authors follow the advice in the Author Rules tab, paying attention to the use of commas after each authors name, and the word 'and' before the last author
- Date follows the author
- Title is always italicised, and given in full
- Location is always followed with a ":"
- For E-books provide details of the format or platform the ebook was found on.
- Last Updated: Jun 19, 2019 9:58 AM
- URL: https://libguides.st-andrews.ac.uk/Referencing_styles
- Print Page