How to reference a book
You reference books in the same way regardless of format. Examples are given for print and ebooks just to illustrate this.
The reference list entry for a book should contain:
- In-text reference number
- Author / Editor information, in the format of Initial(s). Surname. with all authors/editors listed in the order they are given in the book
- Title of the book (italicised)
- Place of Publication
All components are followed by a comma, except for the year which is followed by a full-stop.
(1) Initial. Surname, Book title, Publisher, Place, Year.
(2) G.G. Hammes and S. Hammes-Schiffer, Physical Chemistry for the Biological Sciences, Wiley, Hoboken, 2015.
- Last Updated: Jun 30, 2020 11:02 AM
- URL: https://libguides.st-andrews.ac.uk/Referencing_styles
- Print Page