International Relations: Area Studies
Copyright - Wellcome Library, London
Resources focusing on specific areas
As well as the wide range of books, journals and news sources which cover events in specific countries there are a number of other useful resources available for finding detailed information on a country.
- Political Risk Yearbook - the library has access to all 100 Political Risk Services' Country Reports.
- D & B Country Riskline Reports - a useful source for evaluating cross-border risks. Available via the Nexis database- choose Sources button at the top of the screen to locate the reports
- EIU Country Reports - a selection of country reports, country forecasts and risk service published by the Economist Intelligence Unit. Available via the Nexis databases - choose Sources button at the top of the screen to locate the reports
- BMI Country Risk Report - each industry report examines a country's political and economic outlook detailing levels of political stability. Available via the Nexis databases - choose Sources button at the top of the screen to locate the reports
- Country Reports on Human Rights Practices - issued by the U.S. Department of State covering individual, civil, political and worker rights.
- Business Source Premier - over 100 Country Monitor Reports from IHS - a global information firm who produce country intelligence. The reports cover the current economic situation for each country and provide an outlook of the future. This database also included the Political Risk Yearbook. Limit your search to publication type: Country Reports.
- OECD iLibrary (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) - access to the data and analysis of the OECD including the full-text of books and reports and a collection of statistics going back to the 1960s. A key resource for finding information on the world economy, society, education and environment. There is the option to browse or search by country.