Top 5 databases
Below is a list of the top 5 most used databases this academic year, so far!
If you have problems accessing resources when you are away from the University, we can help!
Check our Remote Access guide, we have video demos and screenshot examples of how to access lots of resources.
However, we may not have subscribed to every journal that a database lists. If you cannot access an article after you have logged in with your University username and password, check SAULCAT the Library catalogue for the journal title to see if we have access and what years this access covers.
Here is a list of all of the databases you can access through the University. Use the tabs to find the database title you want.
We subscribe to many databases so that you can access journal articles and other material online.
Using this guide look out for the below information:
On-campus access: means you should not need to login and can access this resources seamlessly within the University network
Off-campus access: Click this icon where it appears next to a database for off campus details - most need your University Username and Password
It's not working!
Asking for payment
- We don't have a subscription to a specific journal or ebook - search SAULCAT for ebooks or SAULCAT Periodicals and journals tab for individual journal titles. If it isn't in SAULCAT, request it through Inter-Library Loan.
- You need to sign in, look for Shibboleth or Institutional login, more details are on our remote access guide.
Problem signing in
- Caught in a loop? Does your browser keep returning you to the same page? This can happen if you are using Chrome, please try another browser, such as Firefox or Safari.
- If there is no institutional sign in option or the information on our remote access guide doesn't help, please email email@example.com
Problem viewing files
- If you can't open PDFs, if you are using a Mac, please make sure Adobe is set as the default viewer, Preview will not open some files.
- Try locating the PDF in your downloads folder rather than opening it within your browser, or try another browser as Chrome sometimes cannot open files, try Firefox or Safari.