Inter-Library Loans & ArticleReach: for a Journal
Make a request
Make a request:
To request a journal article
1. Click on 'Make a request: Inter-Library Loan / ArticleReach Request' (above)
2. Select 'Journal or journal article'
3. Login in (if you aren't already)
4. Select 'Journal article'
5. At the bottom of the ArticleReach box click the 'Request Now' button.
6. Enter your name and Library barcode number (the number on the back of your Matric/Staff card, ignoring any letters at the end.)
7. Enter the Journal Title - if it appears from a drop-down menu whilst typing select it, if it isn't there continue to fill out the form anyway.
8. Complete as much of the rest of the form as you can. Only the items are in red are compulsory, but the more information you give, the better.
9. Click the 'submit' button at the bottom of the screen.
If the article is available through ArticleReach it will be supplied by one of the holding libraries who will email it to you. If there are no ArticleReach libraries who can supply it then it will be sent as an Inter-Library Loan request to the British Library.
Reading articles provided by the British Library Document Supply Service
How long does it take?
Books and articles will usually arrive between 7 and 10 days, so please keep this in mind if you are requesting a specific title ahead of a deadline. Some items may take longer to arrive, for instance, if they are harder to source, so we can't guarantee delivery within a specific timeframe. You will receive updates on your request through your university email account.
Please allow 24 hours for us to process your request, excluding weekends and holidays.