Music: Music Scores
The Library holds a collection of music scores including older scores, particularly pre-1950 and even pre 1900 as well as more recent materials. The scores are held in several different locations. The instructions below will help you locate them.
Finding out which scores are held by the Library and where they are located:
- Search for the composer's name and/or keywords from the title of the work
- If you have too many results then refine your search to Printed music by choosing it from the Format option on the left-hand side of the results screen
Locating and accessing the scores
If the location of the item is in the Main Library they will have the following classmarks:
- Scores (including miniature scores) are at classmark M
- Literature about Music is at classmark ML
- Musical instruction and study is at classmark MT
During the closure of the Main Library use the "Click and Collect" button on the record to request a score.
If the scores are located at Walter Bower House Library then you are welcome to visit to use them. Alternatively click on the "Click and Collect" button alongside the item and we will bring the score to the Main Library for you to borrow
If the score is located in Special Collections then it will not be available to borrow but you can consult it in the Special Collections Reading Room. To book a space and request the item please follow the instructions on the Special Collections website