Guide to resources in Arabic
Reading Lists for Arabic
Click here to find electronic reading lists available in your subject area.
Library's A-Z List of Databases
The Library subscribes to over 200 networked databases. Follow this link to see the full alphabetical list.
Search the Library
Databases for Arabic
- Index Islamicus This link opens in a new windowIndex Islamicus Online is the international classified bibliography of publications in European languages on all aspects of Islam and the Muslim world. Described as ‘an indispensable tool for libraries, graduates and undergraduates alike. The Index Islamicus Online provides the reader with an effective overview of what has been published on a given subject in the field of Islamic Studies in its broadest sense.
- Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics Online This link opens in a new windowcovers all aspects of Arabic languages and linguistics. It is interdisciplinary in scope and represents different schools and approaches in order to be as objective and versatile as possible. All relevant fields in Arabic linguistics, both general and language specific are covered. Includes topics from interdisciplinary fields, such as anthropology, psychology, sociology, philosophy, and computer science.
- Qurʾānic Studies Online This link opens in a new windowQurʾānic Studies Online is available via Brill Reference. It includes Dictionary of Qur'anic Usage, Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān and Qurʾān Concordance.
- Mideastwire.com This link opens in a new windowa news service that translates stories from and about the Middle East. Covers news from all 22 Arab countries, Iran, and the Arab media Diaspora
- Early Western Korans Online (Primary Sources Online) This link opens in a new windowContains all Arabic editions of the Koran printed in Europe before 1850, as well as all complete translations directly from the Arabic (until about 1860). Among the secondary translations, only those into German and Dutch are offered completely. Of the partial editions, only the typographically or academically most interesting ones are presented. This collection is an integrated part of Brill's Quranic Studies Online.
- Oxford Language Dictionaries This link opens in a new windowArabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
General Arts Databases
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index This link opens in a new windowindex of articles from over 1,300 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals, and relevant articles, reviews, proceedings in more than 5,000 social science and science journals.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowperiodicals archive of over 2,000 leading scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences and sciences. Over fifty million pages of content
New Modern Languages books in the Library