Chemistry: For Researchers
Useful subject guides
Keeping up to date
There are a number of ways of keeping up-to-date with information in your field. These include:
- Cited reference searching: is a feature offered by several databases (e.g. Web of Science and Scopus). It allows you to find the original citations from an article as well as articles that have cited a particular work.
- Alerts are services that are also provided by many databases. You can set them up to notify you via e-mail as soon as a preassigned article is being cited in a new publication or one of your previously saved searches produces a new result.
- RSS-Feeds are automated services that check specific online resources for changes and notify you about them immediately. You can use online web pages of feed reader apps to use them.
Needing a quiet place to study? The Thomson Reading Room of the Martyrs Kirk Research Library in North Street is only for the use of Staff and Postgraduate Students.
In the Thompson Reading Room you'll find:
- 40 generously-proportioned study desk;
- Individual heaters at desks, double sockets and touch-sensitive dimmable anglepoise lamps;
- Space in the foyer to take a break from work;
- Research reference collections for consultation;
- Print/copy station ad desktop PCs in a separate room
All year round opening hours:
0800-Midnight Mon-Fri, 10.00-Midnight Sat-Sun
North Street (opposite St Salvator's Chapel)
St Andrews, KY16 9AA
T: +44 1334 462283