Ebook Collections: Wiley E-books
About Wiley Online Library E-books
Wiley Online Library provides access journal articles and E-books published by Blackwells, Wiley or Blackwells/Wiley. This page focusses on the E-book content.
There are over 10,000 e-book titles on Wiley Online Library, with the University of St Andrews having bought access to approximately 150 full-text titles. In addition we have trial access to all Wiley Ebooks published in 2013-2014, and 2014-2015 through a SHEDL trial, currently more than 2000 titles.
Finding E-books on Wiley Online Library
On-campus there is no need to login.
- Search for the book using Library search, from the results click the green ebook button.
- on the Wiley ebook page select Login/Register at the top right of the page, then choose Institutional Login
- In the Institution Name box, enter University of St Andrews and click Login
- At the University of St Andrews SSO page enter your username and password
- You are now logged in and can access full-text
Sometimes Wiley Online E-book titles don't resolve correctly off-campus. Instead of taking you straight to the e-book after logging in, you may be taken to the Wiley Online Library homepage. If this happens search using the title of the book.
Viewing and Searching Wiley E-books
Viewing Wiley Ebooks
When you access a Wiley E-book you will see information about the title including Author, Title, etc; a summary of the book, followed by the content of the book.
Click the title of a chapter to view it or select the PDF option.
Searching within Wiley Online Library for E-books
All Wiley Online Library E-books can be found using Library search, however you can search within Wiley Online Library for e-books. To do so:
- From the Wiley Online Library homepage select Publications located at the top left of the page
- To limit a search to e-books, select the Books option at the right of the page
- Search using your search terms. NB: there's no function to limit to content which you have full-text access to
- Items which are available to you full-text will have an open padlock icon to the left of the title. For items without the open padlock icon, you will only be able to view the table of contents.
Printing and Downloading from Wiley Ebooks
All Wiley Online Library ebooks which you have full-text access to are supplied on a Digital Rights Management (DRM) Free basis, allowing you to print or save up to 100% of the ebook for your own use.
All ebooks on Wiley Online Library provide a table of contents, with a PDF of each chapter/section within the book.
To print or download from a Wiley Online Library ebook, select the PDF option for the chapter you want to print. You can print as many chapters as you need. Currently there's no option to print or download the whole ebook, you need to do this a chapter at a time.
Using Wiley Online Library E-books with Mobile Devices
Wiley Online Library E-books are provided in PDF format, allowing you to download and read these on mobile devices using your internet browser. Ensure you have a suitable PDF reader installed on your device, e.g. Adobe Digital Editions, or Bluefire App before you try to download a PDF.
Introduction to Wiley Online Library
This video describes some of the features of the Wiley Online Ebook platform